Sunday, 17 May 2009

Time for signs...

It is never easy finding the time to fit everything in. But I really wanted to make sure that we got up some signs in these local elections. I benefit from the fact that my father knows just about every farmer who owns any stretch of land along any road - and he has worked incredibly hard this week to phone around dozens of people and ask them to agree to help.

It was a stormy day yesterday. I arrived at Ernie Boden's late yesterday morning to pick up some of the equipment I would need. He had some really good self tapping screws which could be driven home with an electric drill. It made the execise much easier.

We made steady progress. About 40 signs up in total around Redruth, Hayle, Camborne and Helston. And some very good coverage in and around Wendron - an area where we are getting quite a lot of support.

But there is still much more to do in the weeks ahead.