Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Regenerating our towns

This morning we put the finishing touches to our latest direct mail campaign. Last Saturday, local volunteers stuffed around 5,500 envelopes. Our key focus at the moment is on persuading people who might have previously supported the Lib Dems to weigh things up carefully this time. Because unless the Conservates win seats like Camborne, Redruth and Hayle then Gordon Brown will cling to power an no one will be able to stop him.

Later this morning I got back out on the road. We have our town centre regeneration summit in less than two weeks and I want to try to engage as many local shop keepers as possible, so my aim is to get around every shop in the constituency. Whether or not they are able to take the time away from the business to attend the summit we are holding, I want to get their views.

I covered most of Camborne today. Issues raised ranged from business rates to pavements to anti-social behaviour, parking and the one way traffic system. These are all points that I will take to the summit on their behalf.

Hayle and Redruth tomorrow....